SWITA - Southwest Iowa Transit Agency
Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA) is Southwest Iowa’s PUBLIC transportation system! Transportation is available for ALL residents in Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, and Shelby Counties. Through SWITA, we offer safe, reliable transportation for your transit needs. We perform complete background checks on all of our drivers, and perform random drug and alcohol screening.
- WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE!
- CARSEATS available for our young clients!
- Transportation for a variety of needs including medical appointments, shopping, work, school, and more!
- Contract transportation is available for businesses to get their employees on the job safely, efficiently, and greenly!
- City shopping trips!
- Taxi Services in Glenwood, Harlan, Missouri Valley, Red Oak, and Shenandoah!
Call to schedule your ride or for more information on any of our services, 1-800-842-8065.
Medical Trips are $25 per hour
Other trips are $35 per hour
*Time begins when driver gets in the bus, until the time they get home.
Medical trips paid for by Medicaid/Title 19 need to be scheduled through TMS. The phone number for TMS is 866-572-7662.
SWITA makes every effort to pool riders to frequent destinations. Those with a flexible arrival time, for example, are very often offered rates at a discounted rate. Please call to speak with the friendly staff to discuss the best available option.
Taxi Rates for Glenwood, Harlan, Missouri Valley, Red Oak and Shenandoah:
$3.50 per trip for elderly clients
$4.25 per trip for non-elderly clients
Discounted Taxi Tickets are available in Atlantic for $4.25 per ticket for the elderly and disabled.
For additional taxi service, please contact the subprovider in your area:
Clarinda: Clarinda Area Volunteers 712-542-4915
Fremont County: Faith in Action 712-313-0131
$15 per person round trip, with a minimum of 5 people attending.
Telephone Numbers for SWITA
1-800-842-8065 or 712-243-2518
Steve Andersen ~ Transportation Director email@example.com
Kelly Davis ~ Transportation Coordinator
|Mark Hansen ~ Fleet Maintenance Specialist
|Fred Berge ~ Maintenance Assistant|
Christy Bates ~ Transit Assistant
Daurine Petersen ~ Transit Assitant firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Wright ~ Transit Assistant
* SWITA does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, religion, color, sex, or national origin. Services are open to the general public, including persons with disabilities, as required by the ADA. For more information on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 call the US Commission on Civil Rights at (202) 376-7700 or TTY (202) 376-8116. To request additional information on SWITA's non-discrimination obligations or to file a Title VI complaint, please submit your request or complaint in to the SWITA Transit Direct, by mail: 1507 SW 7th St., Atlantic, IA, 50022. Email: email@example.com. Or Phone: 1-800-842-8065.